Search Marketing Blog

Search Marketing Blog


Why learn HTML when a Web Content Management System is available

- Monday, March 08, 2010
As more and more Web Content Management Systems or Web CMS come on to the scene it is becoming easier to put up web pages with little or no HTML knowledge.

A Web Content Management System or Web CMS is a software system capable of managing and controlling a website’s HTML documents, images and other forms of media. A Web CMS provides timeline management and control, auditing and editing of documents.

Why a Web CMS?

In many companies a request for content change on a website is forwarded to the web development department by the content owner via a work order. The request for changes can be for reasons as simple as a bad link or text error via a work order. However, with at Web content management system the content owner can bypass the work order process entirely and make the changes themselves through the Web CMS.

Content Management Means You Don't Need HTML

Most Web Content Management Systems (CMS) work in an environment of templates. So, for example, if you were to add a link to any page of your website, you would open the web page to be edited, select the text or image you want to become a link, engage the link building function and enter in the link title, URL, and description into different fields in the link management system. The content manager would then build the link for you.

All Web Content Management Systems (CMS) come with authoring and other tools that allow users without web design skills to create and manage website content with ease.

For more information on growing a successful business on the internet, contact or call Magnetik Salesperson at (281) 362-9855 to learn more about our fully integrated online business management software solution with Web Content Management System (CMS) capabilities today!

Ecommerce Optimization – The Essence of Long Tail Optimization

- Thursday, December 03, 2009
Ecommerce optimization or “catalog SEO” is the process of ensuring the proper naming structure, meta-tags and labeling of every product found within a web store. Most ecommerce sites are dynamically created so it’s much easier to apply the required changes to the code necessary to effectively catalog each product on a granular level.

Unfortunately, there are many websites that aren't taking advantage of this for reasons like:
• The website is static
• The Content Management System, or CMS does not allow for the editing of meta-tags
• The website owner is not aware that proper SEO can impact all products

While it is true what they say, 20% of all products and services deliver 80% of the revenue. However, the remaining 20% of the Long Tail can over time easily justify the effort needed to gain and maintain the necessary rankings that lead to conversions.

At Magnetiks Search Marketing we know SEO and we can easily apply the ecommerce SEO to all the pages our Magnetik Salesperson’s Content Management System, or CMS creates.To learn more about Magnetik Salesperson and its many online business management features, contact us or Call (281) 362-9855 today!